The presentations Designers should know about.
Now that WWDC is over, I wanted to take this opportunity to highlight a few design-specific sessions hosted by Apple over the past week. These presentations cover in-depth technical development and design details across all of Apple's platforms in about an hour apiece.
If you watch nothing else, be sure to watch Monday's Keynote Address and State of the Union (a more technical rundown of what's new).
Even though the target audience at WWDC are Developers, it behooves any Designer to understand the new experiences you can design for and what's possible with the new frameworks. The following is a list of some of the more design-specific talks given throughout the week:
- Updating Your Apps for iOS 11
- Design Studio Shorts 1
- Essential Design Principles
- Designing Sound
- The Life of a watchOS App
- What's New in Accessibility
- Modern User Interaction on iOS
- Design for Everyone
- Design Studio Shorts 2
- Designing Across Platforms
- Building Visually Rich User Experiences
- Planning a Great Apple Watch Experience
- Building Apps with Dynamic Type
- Design Studio Shorts 3
There are many more sessions from WWDC 2017 on Apple's Developer site, including videos from past WWDC events.